Services for Solicitors
We act for many clients in the legal sector and are happy to discuss the special aspects relating to legal clients.
Our experience of solicitors has given us the expertise to offer advice on the issues that often arise in legal practices and our clients always feel confident to discuss these issues with us. Areas such as
- Partnership taxation,
- Admitting a new partner into practice,
- Partner retirement issues,
- Goodwill calculations,
- Partnership, LLP and limited company structure decisions,
- Treatment of partners’ cars and expenses in accounts,
- Forecasting and budgeting,
- Solicitors Accounts Rules systems and
- Solicitors Accounts Rules reports
need to be considered to allow law firms to grow and develop smoothly and tax efficiently and we are always on hand to help with this process.
Most of our solicitor clients hold client monies and so we have years of experience of preparing the Solicitors Accounts Rules Accountant’s Reports for the SRA and advising on how to minimise breaches in firms.
Caroline Candy is a member of the Solicitors Special Interest Group run by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. The group provides training to solicitors and accountants on Solicitors Accounts Rules issues and financial issues relating to law firms and represents accountants’ views in the legal profession.
We can also provide the following services to you:
- support when your clients request tax advice or compliance support - we can take on the tax part of the work or provide advice to you or to your clients directly,
- directly provide your clients with taxation services relating to trusts,
- recover refunds of tax due to estates when the fees for doing so are more are than covered by the refunds received,
- prepare business or asset valuations for clients and
- prepare financial analysis or reports as expert witnesses in legal cases.
Require more information?
If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 029 2038 8218. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.